The deadline to request an absentee by -mail ballot is 7 days before Election Day.
Mail form to DeKalb Election Commission, P.O. Box 543, Smithville, Tn 37166 or
email to either:
Absentee by-mail Ballot Request Form
A registered voter may request a by-mail ballot either in person at the DeKalb County Election Office or by mail, fax and email. If requested by mail, fax or email, the request MUST INCLUDE the voter’s signature. In addition, the request MUST INCLUDE the following EIGHT (8) items:
- The name of the registered voter
- The address of the voter’s residence
- The voter’s Date of birth
- The voter’s Social Security number
- The address to mail the ballot outside the county (this applies only when the reason for voting by mail involves that the voter will be outside of the county during early voting and on election day)
- The election the voter wishes to participate in. If the election involves a Primary, the political party in which the voter wishes to participate
- The reason the voter wishes to vote absentee
- The voter’s signature. If the voter is unable to sign his/her name, contact the Election Commission office for details at
615-597-4146 or visit https://sos.tn.gov/products/elections/absentee-voting
A request that contains this information will be treated and processed as an application for ballot, and a ballot will be mailed to the voter.
A registered voter may request an application for by-mail ballot no earlier than ninety (90) says before the election and no later than seven (7) days before the election.
The Ballot must be returned by mail and NOT hand-delivered. In order to be counted, the ballot must be received by election day.
IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS, PLEASE CALL THE ELECTION OFFICE AT 615-597-4146
T.C.A. 2-6-202(3)–A person who is not an employee of the election commission commits a Class E Felony if such person gives an application for an absentee ballot to any person.
T.C.A. 2-6-202(4)–A person who is not an employee of an election commission commits a Class A Misdemeanor if such person gives an unsolicited request for application for an absentee ballot to any person.