Requirements for Voter Registration
- You must be a U. S. citizen AND
- You must be a resident of Tennessee AND
- You must beat least eighteen (18) years old on/or before the next election AND
- You must not have been convicted of a felony , or if you have, your voting rights must have been restored.
- If you register by mail, you must vote in person the first time you vote after registering. MAIL OR HAND DELIVER THIS FORM TO YOUR COUNTY ELECTION COMMISSION.
There is a registration deadline before every election for people who have never been registered to vote in DeKalb County. If a person has already registered to vote in DeKalb and needs to update their registration, that may be done no later than 5 days before Election Day. Please see the Election Calendar for specific dates.
Places to Register to Vote
- The Election Commission Office
- Department of Safety
- Department of Rehabilitation
- Department of Human Services
- Public Libraries
- You may call 615-597-4146 and request a form be mailed to you.